Re: [orca-list] [OT] Mumble Client and settings?

According to Dave Hunt:
Does anyone know how I can clobber my Mumble settings and start over?

$ rm -R ~/.config/Mumble

Also, can anyone suggest a way to test the audio side of the connection? What about setting up ptt vs voice-activated transmission?

All this should be accessible from the audio wizard. Press alt o and go to the audio wizard from there. The first page doesn't read correctly, so just click next. Everything else is accessible to Orca with the exception of some unlabeled sliders, but you can usually tell what they're doing based on the sound that comes from your speakers/headphones.

Any other hints on Mumble appreciated.

Every time you start mumble, you will find that it doesn't speak. There is some kind of non-speaking popup overlay that comes up. Press either enter or escape to get rid of this, and Mumble becomes nearly as accessible as TeamTalk, albeit with a couple of notable exceptions, which I list below.

If you leave the workspace/virtual desktop where the Mumble window is open, you will find that it is no longer open when you come back to it. Sadly, the icon that it puts in the notification area in GNOME classic will not allow you to tab to it to reopen the window, and it also messes up the focus in your notification area. The best solution I found is to run Mumble again from your launcher/main menu. This may or may not effect GNOME Shell. Someone let me know, as I'm not currently in a position to test it, because the computer I'm using to run Mumble is too old to support any kind of compositing, so gnome-shell just doesn't run.

Sometimes, Mumble's focusing within the window behaves very strangely. Also, flat review mostly doesn't work. If you find yourself in a situation where you can't tab around the main window, try hitting shift tab until you hear something. If you don't hear any speech after pressing shift tab 5 or 6 times, enable "Speak object under mouse" in your Orca preferences. This will speak objects in other windows also, but I find it quite helpful in Mumble.

Over all, I am very much encouraged by the development of QT accessibility in general, and Mumble accessibility specifically, especially given the fact that QT accessibility on Linux is still in its infancy. I look forward to the problems I mention above and others in other applications being addressed, which appears to be happening at an unusually fast pace. It is now time, IMO, to begin working with application developers to figure out ways to make their applications more usable with the accessibility infrastructure. Hope this helps.
~Kyle