[orca-list] Password entry

Jakob Herrmann <jhlists infosprinter com> wrote:
Is it a bug/feature of Orca that passwords are shown in plain text
when entering them in a password field? I observed this when entering
the pwd to unblock my pgp key in Thunderbird/Enigmail. However, this
is not the behavior one would expect for security reasons. So far I
wasn't able to observe this somewhere else; in most applications, I
don't see anything at all when typing in a password field. But it
would be interesting if someone using latest Orca +Gnome Shell has
observed the same thing (not necessarily in TB) and if yes, it is imho
important to analyse if it is a bug in Orca.

It's more likely a bug in the application, which has to mark the field
appropriately in ATK. My guess is that this isn't happening. You can confirm
by looking at Orca's debug output, then submit a bug report accordingly.