Re: [orca-list] am installing kde desktop and have some questions

I don't have gnome installed would gnome session fall back work for this if I were to go install it?
currently I have unity and kde installed.
On 8/14/2012 9:24 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
Do you currently have Gnome installed as well?  If so, I'd set Orca up from
within Gnome and not KDE.  I'd also go into alacarte and enable the kde
configuration application and select it from within Gnome and customize what
theme you will use and make whatever other adjustments you want at that time
as well.  You need to set it up so that when you bring up KDE, bringing up
the screen reader is as painless as possible.  Trying to do all that from
KDE itself can be trying to put it mildly.  Also, you may have better luck
with terminal applications running gnome-terminal instead of Konsole from
alt f2 but that is just my experience.  When I was trying out KDE in the
spring, Konsole was not accessible.

BR,
Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Frederik Gladhorn
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:21 AM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] am installing kde desktop and have some questions

Mandag 13. august 2012 20.35.52 skrev Hank Smith:
how do I get orca running o kde?
when I run
alt f 2
orca -t
and press 1 to select speech engine nothing happens.
I think running orca with -t doesn't work from KRunner. Just running orca
works for me. I don't know about first time setup though. Otherwise you
could
run:
alt-f2
konsole
orca -t

to get the text setup.
Cheers
Frederik

I do have a default display manager set that is set properly.
Hank