Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice Writer deleted my homework?

A further quick suggestion:

check that it didn't save the file in the wrong directory.

I just tested this with LibreOffice 3.5.4, and discovered that, after finding
the destination directory in the "save as" dialogue, it is necessary to press
enter to select the directory, and then complete the save operation as usual.
If you don't select the destination directory properly, the document will be
saved, but in the wrong directory.

The controls for the directory tree are a little confusing for the
uninitiated (I'm not a LibreOffice user and the only reason why I ran it
here was for testing).