To: "Orca E-mail List" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:52 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Crazy Speech Changes

I recall some folks talking about sudden speech rate changes with
Speech Dispatcher.  Up til now, I never had such experiences but now
that I'm on the National Braille Press web site,
http://www.nbp.org
I scroll down most pages and at certain points, the speech rate will
suddenly slow to some excruciatingly slow speed! If I go to a console
and run spd-say with a single phrase, speechd then resumes its normal
speech rate again til it happens again.  Is this what others were
experiencing?

I'm using speech dispatcher as my usual central service with ALSA and
latest gnome 3.2 and similar Orca.

Any ideas? I've never had this before now.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6625 (20111113)

http://www.eset.com