Re: [orca-list] vinux not working

Hi.

Sorry if this is an odd question but, what happens when you press alt f1 for the main menu or alt f2 for the run dialog? How about controrl alt t for the terminal? Another thing you might try is control alt o to kill and relaunch Orca in case something went wrong on the startup. Once you've gotten Orca talking, I strongly suggest going into startup applications in the system menu under preferences and unchecking that annoying message. When the feature was introduced in Vinux 3.1, I found that I had issues with sound until I disabled it because of how rapidly Pulse Audio loads up and how many things are yammering for its attention namely, a startup .wav file, Orca's own startup message "Welcome to orca!", and, that audio popup. The minute I disabled the quickstart manual message, it was smooth sailing.

Best Regards,
Alex M

ps You might try posting this to the Vinux support list on Googlegroups. The orca list is going to have folks who use many distributions and is .
probably not the best place to ask distro-specific questions like this.

Alex Midence
Sent from my Vinux installation.
Accessible Linux is good for the mind and very easy on the wallet!
http://www.vinux-project.org