[orca-list] orca+t (time) not speaking

Hello, when I am in an application such as thunderbird the time command acts as expected. The problem is that it gives no spoken output when not in an application.

I've always assumed that orca would respond to this key press regardless of what what else might be going on. From a blind person's perspective, if we press certain orca keys and hear nothing, the immediate response is that orca has either crashed or in a state where it is unable to process events.

So my question is whether there should be certain priority key presses to which orca will provide an immediate response.

Chris