Re: [orca-list] Orca crashed my linux partition?

Andy B. <sonfire11 gmail com> wrote:
I went to do something in flat review mode on a website. I press the numpad
left/right arrows forgetting to go into flat review mode (I'm used to JAWS)
and orca went quiet. After restarting the computer and going into windows (I
installed ubuntu inside of windows), it claimed the disk had errors and I
needed to run chkdsk /f C: in order to fix it.

How did you shut down the system after Orca misbehaved? If you power cycled it
or used the reset button, it is likely that the file system would have errors.

As to what chkdsk did when you ran it and why the Linux file system was lost,
that's really a Windows issue, not a Linux one. I'm not a Windows user, so I
can't comment further. the last time I used chkdsk was in the days of DOS,
before I switched completely to Linux. I find it interesting that it's still
called chkdsk and that they're still using drive letters as in DOS. Some
things don't change much.