Re: [orca-list] Starting Orca under Gnome3 in Arch linux

You're getting close.  I think there is a bug where Orca cannot tell
gnome to automatically launch Orca at startup by setting the option
inside Orca.  What was pointed out to me earlier last week was to get
into the system settings dialog and look for accessibility options and
press the button for screen reader.  After that, Orca will start
automatically.

Now I also notice that when Orca starts this way, the Orca screen does
not come up; but if you at this point were to press things like
Ctrl+Alt+Tab or Alt+F1, things will happen.  Again, I think the lack
of a desktop makes it seem like Orca is hanging but it really isn't in
this case.  At least, I haven't had any hangs yet.