Re: [orca-list] GNOME3 System Menu Work-around

Another option is to add the "main menu" applet to your panel. You can then just tab through the top panel to the "main menu" button and press space or enter. Then most of the stuff that used to be in the system menu shows up in a menu item named for your user account. Just be aware that most of your "preferences" are in the new control center and behave differently now from 2.32. Also be aware that as far as I know, you can no longer replace the "menu bar" on the panel with your "main menu" applet the way you could in 2.32 and earlier, so your alt-f1 key will still bring up the menu bar rather than the applet. This is either an early bug or an as yet unimplemented configuration option, or it could just be something I haven't yet found how to configure.
~Kyle