Re: [orca-list] [RFC] national language support on list

W.P. <laurentp wp pl> wrote:
proposal:
main language on list remain English.
but: national-language-support:
IF you think your problem is ENTIRELY related to language you use (other
than English), then prefix your post by LANG= setting and feel free to
speak in your language.

The only way this would work, I think, is if there are people willing to
translate such posts quickly. Otherwise, most people on the list won't be able
to understand the questions or provide help. Do we have people volunteering to
translate posts into English?

Most language-related issues have to do with locale settings, character sets,
braille tables, speech synthesizer configuration, and so on. People can help
with those issues even if they do not understand the particular language.

And for the record, English is my first language, but if someone were to
propose that the language of the list be changed to French instead, I'd
undoubtedly make lots of errors in vocabulary and grammar, since I haven't
written French in an embarrassingly long time, but I wouldn't have any
objections. English does, however, seem to be the second language of choice
for a lot of people at the moment, especially in technology.