[orca-list] Orca 3.0 Performance

Hello all, I apologize if this email has been received already, I originally sent it before I joined the email list so I wasn't sure if it was delivered.

I am new to Ubuntu/Linux and I have installed Ubuntu 11.04 on a Dell Optiplex GX260. I am visually impaired and I am using Orca Magnifier. The tracking is a bit "clunky" or not smooth and the cursor keeps "jumping" back to the top left of the screen. I am wondering if this could be due to the integrated graphics/driver. I have a similar machine running WindowsXP and ZoomText and have not experienced this issue with ZoomText per se, but I have had similar problems with other apps like RealPlayer for example. I guess I'm wondering if maybe I should upgrade to a different video card using  the available AGP slot.

 I am very grateful for any input and I am excited to be learning Linux and an open source platform.

Thanks,
Michael