[orca-list] Firefox - Gaps in hiperlinks and the automatic forms mode

Hi listers,

Reading texts in Firefox, two problems disturbs the pleasure of the reading:

1. If I am in a text with a large numbers of hiperlinks like Wikipedia, for each of then, a gap of silence rises, interupting brefiely the reading. If the number of the hiperlinks is really big, it's more profitable to copy the text into Gedit and read it there.

2. When I am navigating by means of arrows, often I come across edit boxes. Orca leaves the navigation mode to enter in forms mode. As it is not rare I want to follow the reading without typing anything in the edit box, I would prefer that forms mode was activated by user request. I don't know if Orca allows the manual entrance in the forms mode. If the answer is "yes", I would like to know how to disable the automatic forms mode.

I don't like the automatic forms mode, but I recognise this aspect is appreciated by many people. However, disregarding the personal preferences, there is another aspect disturbing the reading flow. If Orca is reading consecutive lines and a form is found, the automatic forms mode is activated, the cursor is placed in the begining of the edit box and the reading is suddenly interrupted. It's much probable that, in this hypothesis, the intention of users was to follow reading and paging down.

Using Orca 2.32.0, is there solution for this problems?

Regards,

Luciano