Re: [orca-list] Turning off the laptop screen in vinux.

Hi,
you could try monitor-toggle. In terminal:
sudo apt-get install monitor-toggle
Then to use it type monitor-toggle in the terminal. It will tell you using Espeak if the screen is currently being turned on or off.
For info on using the latest version of Orca from git:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall
Follow the instructions in the ubuntu build invirenment section to get everything set up. It also suggests that you update atk and at-spi but every time I try that I run in to trouble, so I have just been pulling and building the latest Orca itself. Everything seems to do ok just by doing that.
HTH
Storm

--
Registered Linux user number 508465: