[orca-list] Orca and settings in the GDM screen

Hello,
Recently I upgraded my system wide orca to the git version and now when orca loads in the GDM log in screen it keeps reverting to the default settings. Previously with orca 2.32.1 the settings seemed to be restored.

I have tried the following:
* Changing the settings and pressing the apply button in the orca preferences dialog. Orca keeps the new settings while I am at the log in screen but looses them when I log out and go back to the log in screen. * In case there was a bug in orca saving the settings at the GDM log in screen I tried manually changing the file /var/lib/gdm/.local/share/orca/user-settings.conf but the file keeps getting changed back when I log out and go back to the log in screen.

One main thing which occurs to me is that between the git version and 2.32.1 is the switch to json for configuration. Either could someone describe what should happen with the loading of a configuration now or point me to the most relevant bits of code.

Also does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?

Michael Whapples