Re: [orca-list] writing accessible multi-platform application

Hello,
Firstly, I too would suggest SWT in java for accessible GUI applications, particularly if you don't want any access bridge technologies to be needed.

To use SWT you just need it in your application's classpath like any other java library. Just remember one thing with SWT, as it uses native platform widgets, you need to ensure that when it is run on windows the windows SWT jar is in the classpath and when it is run on linux the linux version is in the classpath. I think this also extends to 32-bit or 64-bit as well.

One way to manage this need for different jars on different platforms is to have the build process produce a different distribution of your application for the different platforms.

Michael Whapples