[orca-list] Understand better Orca keys for Firefox

Hi all,

Orca offers advanced features to navigate with Firefox. However, since I couldn't understand the usage of some keys, I am not able to use Firefox and Orca appropriately. I am persuaded it's not enough to know the keys combinations, it's necessary to understand the situations when we should call then.

Pressing "d", we can move the cursor to the next dynamic region. But, what is exactly a dynamic region? If I am navigating away, when should I remember it would be a very good idea to press "d"?

A dynamic region seems to be an area whose content changes automaticly.

With insert+F1 to F9, we can monitore dynamic regions. But, if there are nine positions available, I can presume it's necessary to assign each region and, later, to monitore then with the mentioned keystrokes. Well, I really didn't understand what is a dynamic regions and when I should assign or monitore then.

My second doubt is about gecko cursor. Pressing insert+F12, we can turn between gecko and Orca cursor. If I correctly understood, the Orca keys work only when Orca cursor is enabled. However, if gecko cursor can be chosen, I presume, in certain situations, the best result is obtained with Gecko cursor. When does it occur?

Pressing "m", we can move to the next mark. But what is exactly a mark? Pressing it when navigating in a certain page, I was moved to the first editbox.

Reghards,

Luciano de Souza