Re: [orca-list] [vmware] was accessible now not

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 09:01:07AM -0800, Shane W wrote:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 04:51:17PM +0100, Micha?? Zegan wrote:
About vmware, I think it's not possible for blind people to use machines
launched in it, even in text mode?

Sure it is. I have my Windows workstation inside an vmware
instance hosted on Debian. The win7 machine runs jaws so
it's totally usable. I have a dos instance, usable with an
external synth and a Linux instance for Asterisk into which
I can ssh from any of the others.

The problem isn't the VMs, it's workstation itself which
used to speak with Orca but is now announced as
inaccessible.

Shane

I'm curious, is it better to run Windows as a client under Linux or the
other way around. I always assumed it made more sense to run
Linux as a client under Windows because I figured JFW (or your Windows
screen readers) would be more particular about getting control fo the
sound card.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain gmail com