[orca-list] Orca problems and a question

Hi all,
well, haven't been working with Linux here for some time, but today I decided to try to get Orca to work on
my Arch linux system, but as I have written in other messages earlier, it doesn't work.
When I start Orca, the Orca main window is shown and activating the Orca preferences doesn't work either.
Nothing happens when I press enter/space on that and the only thing that is working is braille output and no
speech and Firefox is not accessible either.
I am using Orca v3.22. I am wondering one thing.
When I start Orca for the first time and run through all of the questions and at the end it says that the
accessibility has been enabled and one needs to log out and back in for the changes to take effect.
If I remember right, one needs to alt-tab to the window again and press y and enter. I have tried that, but
it doesn't seem to work. I have alt tabbed several times and pressed y and enter but it doesn't work. So,
could this be the thing that I haven't logged out proprely for the accessibility to be enabled?
Many thanks for any help!
Christian