[orca-list] Firefox goes silent?

When I load a new page other than the default Ubuntu start page, it appears that Orca goes silent. On the last attempt to run Firefox, I had two different results:

1.       Orca stopped talking upon loading the page https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/portal/portal/public/login.aspx
In the first instance, the only way to get it to talk again was to press alt+f1 to jump to the launcher bar (unity). On the second attempt, the entire thing quit and I had to shut down the VM and try again (Windows 7 X64 is the host).

Any ideas what might be going on? Are there Firefox settings that I need to be aware of? This raises anoher question, can you create config sets for Orca like someone can for jaws and WE? This would be settings files for each app.