Re: [orca-list] Using Festival of mBrola with Orca

21.8.2011 v 1:32, Tami Kinney:

I just tried again and restarted the computer. Orca started fine, but I
find no mention of Festival in the Orca settings. I am exploring to find
out how it all works together.

Setting up festival with speech-dispatcher is a bit more involved than just installing the festival package.
You can find instructions on how to do it on Ubuntu (and probably Debian) at our Accessibility Guide here:

http://live.freebsoft.org/ubuntu-festival

You also must make sure the AddModule "festival" ... line in /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf is
uncommented.