Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of Chromium / Google Chrome

HI.
I think that I can help in someway. At least compiling and testing.

On 08/15/2011 05:10 PM, Dominic Mazzoni wrote:
Hello,

I'm one of the developers of Chrome accessibility support at Google. I
know that there's been some interest in making Chrome accessible with
Orca on Linux, so I decided to join this list to talk about it some
more.

To answer some questions from previous posts, yes, Chrome does use
GTK+, so making the user interface accessible will be relatively easy.
Unfortunately, Chrome does not use the GTK+ port of Webkit, and there
are technical reasons why it's not possible for us to use that code
directly, so we'd have to rewrite most of that code.

My question is, are there any Orca / GTK+ developers on this list who
would be interested in working on this with us? Based on my experience
making Chrome accessible on Windows and Mac, making a web browser
accessible is very tricky and complicated, and almost impossible
without some help from someone who's really familiar with the screen
reader's source code. Ideally I'd like to find someone who'd be
willing to compile Chromium from source and then help test patches
that make it accessible and help debug things when Orca doesn't behave
as expected.

- Dominic