Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of chromium

14.8.2011 v 19:49, Tom Masterson:

What is the current state of accessibility of Chromium Web Browser in both windows and linux?

See this comment on Chromium's bug tracker regarding to how a Chromium dev feels about supporting
accessibility on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=24585#c5

The comment is a over a year old, but from what I have noticed, it is still the approach Chromium follows. If
my understanding is correct, the reason why Chromium needs to implement all the platform-specific
accessibility over and over again even though WebKit already contains it is because "chromium" is a separate
WebKit port alongside "win", "mac" and "gtk" ports, so it needs to reimplement platform-specific graphics
drawing, accessibility, networking and other things (just like each of the others ports do). It cannot just
pick the platform-specific work already done in "win", "mac" and "gtk" WebKit ports, since "chromium" itself
is a separate WebKit port.

Best regards,
Boris