[orca-list] ADRIANE Knoppix 6.7.0 have been released

Tami Kinney napsal(a):
Tom,

If you're using the standard desktop US qwerty keyboard -- or, I believe
the equivalent laptop keyboard -- hit F10 to access the menu bar. You
can then use the arrow keys to move to the notification area to find the
right icon. Mine doesn't announce which notification, icon is the one
for networking, it just says "image," so I have to arrow down to read
the first menu item for a given image to make sure I'm in the right menu
for, say, sound or networking. Once you find the icon for networking,
then you can arrow through the menu items, which will include wireless
networks available to you, and you can find the network you want to
connect to. I found this process a bit confusing at first, and still
have to fumble around in it before I get the right connection. Once it's
done, you're good to go, though and can set the network you want as your
default connection. At the bottom of the menu you reach through the
notification area, there are options to edit networks and a few other
things.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'm a relative newbie, too, so still
haven't quite figured out a quicker way without vague fumbling. /smile/
I do need to muck around with my router later on today or tomorrow, so
if I learn anything new and useful, I will let you know.

Good luck!

Tami