Re: [orca-list] Alternatives to Mozilla based software

There is a Linux version of Eudora, which is a special instance of Thunderbird.

On Apr 28, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Peter Tesar wrote:

Hello,

I haven't heard anyone mentioning Eudora. I believe that there is a Linux version of Eudora.

Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples aim com>
To: "orca" <Orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Alternatives to Mozilla based software

Hello,
Yes I have tried pine (alpine is based on pine) and it was reasonable. In text based email I tended
towards cone, which has an interface similar to pine (only similar, there are certainly differences). From
time to time I do need to print out emails, I am unsure how to do this from text clients and also whether
they could print images in messages.

I have tried sylpheed, it looks promising but may require some improvements (orca scripting may solve some
of the issues).

The alternative browsers are more important as I don't know so many which generally work with some of the
modern dynamic websites. Emacs has never really clicked with me, I am more one for nano or vim if pushed
to a more popular editor. Again I require being able to print pages from time to time when using the
browser.

Michael Whapples