Re: [orca-list] Does pyatspi require at-spi2?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 08:52:56AM EST, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I know the subject seems like an odd question, however it has
actually come up.

I filed a bug against the archlinux package for pyatspi as it does
not depend on at-spi2-core suggesting such a dependency should
exist. A comment has been added to that bug report which reads like
this: Hello, pyatspi is not a bindings module for some C library.
AFAIK, it is a pure Python module that allows to write clients for
the AT-SPI protocol. It has no reason to depend on anything special,
just like graphical applications should not depend on xorg-server
and webbrowsers do not depend on Apache.

The pyatspi2 module needs at-spi2, pyatspi itself is part of at-spi. I think the confusion comes from there
being more than one pyatspi implementation, and then the new pyatspi2 module on top of that.

Luke