[orca-list] Some GNOME 3 troubles

Hi all,
Well, Arch has put GNOME 3 in its testing repository and, seeing as how it doesn't usually take them long to move it over, I figured I'd take a shot at getting it working now before I've got no choice in the matter. I do have it half-working, but I'd like some help with the following: First, a few notes. Arch's at-spi2 packages, while up to date, do not include python bindings for pyatspi2. I had to install those manually, which I did. I also manually installed Orca 3.0.0 after removing all prior orca files. The issues are: 1. Gnome-shell fails with an error about not being able to initialize the newly created clutter context. I'm perfectly willing to deal with that later and use gnome classic for now, but thought I'd mention it just in case it has some relation to what's happening. 2. At-spi2, while it seems to be mostly working, is having some trouble. The version of at-spi2 provided with Arch, for reference, is 2.0.0. In a nutshell: any GTK applications started before Orca will speak, while those started after Orca has loaded usually won't. When this happens: I see the following in my error console:
GError: org.a11y.atspi.Value
There is also a frequent error such as:
event_manager._deque: The event queue is empty
Delivery mode: 7
Curiously, Mozilla XUL-based applications (such as Firefox and Thunderbird) seem to be exempt from this problem and will always speak regardless of when they're launched (and boy, I like what I see in firefox, so I really want to get the rest of this working). Gnome-panel is somewhere in the middle. The Panel itself will speak, but the run dialog is usually (though not always) inaccessible. 3. Even in GNOME classic (without gnome-shell installed) I don't have a nautilus desktop. Is this normal, or is it connected to my other problems?

Thanks for any help. I'd really like to get this working, since the speed improvements in at-spi2 impress me. Firefox is super-responsive as is everything else when it speaks. And no, before anyone suggests it, I'm not considering switching distros, although if anyone can recommend an accessible live GNOME 3 environment I could try out without installing it that would be great. In a Live environment I could gauge what is the correct behavior and what is not. I'll send any debug output that'd be helpful, I'm just not quite sure where to start.

Thanks again