[orca-list] Ubuntu help

Hi,
I have a Ubuntu 10.10 CD that a sighted friend got from Ubuntu.com,via
snail-mail, and he sent a couple of them to me.
It does not boot up like the one I have downloaded, i.e., it does not give
me the accessibility options.
Anyway, when I boot up, I have to run Orca, and it starts talking, and then
quickly quits, after I have gone all through the Orca start-up questions.
And all the audio is gone too.
So I logged off, and when I did, the audio came back, but I cannot get
logged back in.
It is requiring a user name and a password.
But this is just the live CD, so there should not be a username and password
required.
Can anyone here help me to get logged in again?
Thanks.
Glenn