[orca-list] Anotating an Orca Debug file

I was hoping I could find a way to insert notes into a debug file
before I start testing certain situations.  I thought I could simply
echo an appropriate message in quotes and just redirect the output
with >> to the debug file name.  Alas this doesn't seem to work for
me.  I don't get any errors but when I view the file with less, I
don't see my note.  It's like it gets ignored.  I figure it might be
happening because the file is probably in use by Orca.  If this
doesn't work or cannot be done, I would like to add a feature to allow
a user in Orca to hit a button or a key to open a simple dialog to
insert comments into the current debug output file.  What would people
think of such a feature? I could give it a key assignment or just add
a button to the Orca screen.  If such a feature already exists, then
I'm not aware of it.

Any thoughts?  I really hate going into these debug outs to try and
find where my specific tests are starting, especially after setting
the debug option to All.  I have a key mapped to rotor the debug level
so I could invision setting a new key to open this comment box and map
it tentatively to a double press of the debug rotor.

The more I think about it, I think an unbound key assignment would be
good and those who would want to use this feature could map it
accordingly.