[orca-list] Keyboard Problem

Hi,

I'm using an el cheapo Acer laptop for a lot of my GNU/Linux research and development projects. I bought it at Best Buy with the lone criteria being, "I want the cheapest laptop that can run a GNU/Linux distro of my choosing. I got the computer for about $325 brand new.

As one might expect, something this cheap will have some problems. First, the down arrow key broke off but this laptop has a wide screen and wide keyboard with a numpad. I had been able to use the navigation keys on the numpad to navigate through emails and such. At some point yesterday, I must have done something I must have done something very wrong as navigating in emails with the numpad arrow keys no longer causes Orca to read as I tried to navigate with the arrow keys on the numpad. I have no idea what I did but reading with these keystrokes no longer speaks although the caret is moved from one spot to another. I can read by word and in flat review with its keystrokes but nothing is spoken when I hit the down arrow on the numpad.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?
Happy Hacking,
cdh

PS: If anyone is interested in joining my code documentation project, I would appreciate the help as, right now, I'm a team of one. I am, however, enjoying familiarizing myself in depth with Orca. There's lots of documenting that needs to be done that needs to be done

--  and I'd like to make new friends working on cool stuff. Hacking,
cdh

Christian Hofstader
Director of Access Technology
FSF/Project GNU