Re: [orca-list] frontpage

Hi,

sorry about the traffic, but all of this is so true.

Trev

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 09:06:23AM +0200, Mallory van Achterberg wrote:
Hi,
I shudder when I think of FrontPage.  WYSIWYG (What You See Is What
You Get) editors write terrible code.

However, what you are looking for would be called an HTML
editor for Linux... and I found Bluefish, bluefish.openoffice.nl
There are also Kompozer and SeaMonkey, and I can attest that
the garbage that comes out of SeaMonkey is not worth the time
(my manager used it to write HTML emails).  Amaya is a w3c-created
WYSIWYG that validates, which sounds awesome but I haven't used it.
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html watch out they mix upper
and lower case in that URL.

If one is just writing code, both gEdit from Gnome and Kate from KDE
and vim in the terminal all are nice to work with, but they are not
WYSIWYGs.

Greets,
Mallory