Re: [orca-list] Draft Proposed Two-Year Roadmap

Hey Joanie, Ale,

It would be useful to have either linked or better still overlaid in some fashion the relevant releases on this roadmap.  E.g. not just the GNOME schedule, but also that of Firefox, OpenOffice.org, etc. (where they are known).

For example, the roadmap puts "Improved Access to Gecko-Based Applications" July 2011-October 2012.  How well does that line up with what the Gecko folks will be doing at that time (to best ensure those hackers will be available to collaborate, and perhaps fix issues that are really theirs)?  Likewise with "Improved access to OpenOffice" in July 2011-July 2012.  I suggest that maximizing synergy with external groups should have a strong influence on what you guys focus on when, and that you strive to be somewhat flexible as those schedules become known (if they aren't yet known) or as they change (which may happen given how software engineering works...).

Regards,

Peter