[orca-list] Orca and at-spi2 again

Hello,
I decided to look at this again now archlinux has some of the at-spi2 stuff (I never really got very far with it on fedora). I am certainly in a better position with archlinux and atspi2, partly as I have orca launching and reading terminal windows but also because I have speakup as well should things really go wrong.

NOTE TO OTHER ARCHLINUX USERS: You will need pyatspi for atspi2 which is not in the repositories, so this would require compiling from source. The existing corba stuff works fine in archlinux and I am only doing this to try and get an idea of what may need to be done before the change is forced upon me.

OK, so I said orca can read gnome-terminal, but this is about it. Nothing else seems to be accessible wen using atspi2. I have set the gconf key /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-dbus to true and I can confirm the at-spi2-registryd is started as I find a process for it when using ps. Also when I run orca from a terminal window I don't find any worrying messages come up (in fedora I did have a concerning one about orca not finding the accessibility bus but that doesn't appear on archlinux).

Any ideas on what else I need to do?

Michael Whapples