Re: [orca-list] Rock'in fast epeak

Hi Bill,

That is totally awesome! Great work!

Alex

On 11/13/10, Bill Cox <waywardgeek gmail com> wrote:
I've got espeak going way fast, and it's pretty cool!  To get it
working with Orca, I also had to make a 1-line edit to
speech-dispatcher, just to redefine what "100%" rate means.  It used
to mean 390 words per minute.  Now it means 1000, at least in the
Vinux testing repository.

I'm hoping it will be included upstream, and I've proposed a patch to
the espeak devel forum.  In the meantime, here's a scary fast sample,
at 600 words per minute, for any Orca users who already run espeak on
it's highest setting.  I don't think I can understand this as well as
Voxin at this speed, but I it's a lot closer than before.  This is the
en-us voice.

http://vinux-project.org/test1.flac

Bill