Re: [orca-list] open office crashes

Hey JosÃ.

I need. I found some messages that do not know if it has any relation
with the problem.

They do indeed relate to the problem, but I'm afraid they don't tell us
anything we don't already know.

Orca is running and queueing up events for objects and wham! OOo
crashes. So there's an excellent chance we've got queued events for
accessible objects which no longer exist. Thus:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/data/software/orca/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/orca/generator.py",
line 226, in generate
     debug.getAccessibleDetails(obj),
   File
"/data/software/orca/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/orca/debug.py",
line 223, in getAccessibleDetails
     states = stateSet.getStates()
COMM_FAILURE

Can't get the states for an object which has gone away.

This, and the subsequent failures:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/data/software/orca/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/orca/generator.py",
line 247, in generate
     globalsDict[arg] = self._methodsDict[arg](obj, **args)
   File
"/data/software/orca/dev/lib/python2.6/site-packages/orca/generator.py",
line 959, in _generateRadioButtonGroup
     if obj.getRole() == pyatspi.ROLE_RADIO_BUTTON:
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pyatspi/accessible.py", line
572, in getRole
     return _getAndCache(self, 'role', self._mix_getRole)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pyatspi/accessible.py", line
158, in _getAndCache
     value = get_method()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pyatspi/accessible.py", line
238, in _inner
     raise LookupError(e)
LookupError

Can't access an object which has gone away.

If you told me absolutely nothing about the situation and just showed me
the above tracebacks, I'd say, "Looks like the app you were in crashed
while you were using it with Orca."

What's of more interest are the steps leading up to the crash. Also, can
you cause the problem to happen with Orca's default settings? For
instance, with the default Orca settings, I cannot reproduce the Impress
bug I mentioned to you earlier. The reason why is because, by default,
we don't underline text attributes in braille. If we aren't underlining
text attributes, we have no need to ask AtkText for the default
attributes (which is what's triggering the crash).

Keep me posted. And thanks again for your help in tracking this down!
--joanie