Re: [orca-list] OpenOffice problem

Shall I open it as two (one for each problem) or as one? I think I probably can make it clearer as two separate bugs.

Michael Whapples
On 05/25/2010 05:53 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Michael.

Would you mind opening a bug for this?

Thanks!
--joanie

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 17:43 +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I have found a couple of issues with openoffice writer and orca. The one
seems very reproduceable but the other seems less reliable. They both
relate to the same thing.

Problem one: When I am writing a list using roman numerals (eg. (I),
(II), etc) openoffice does autocomplete. If I press backspace when
openoffice puts one in I find speech says nothing and Braille doesn't
reflect the change. See below for the example I have used to test orca a
few times to reproduce this. It seems present in orca 2.30.1 and also in
current git (updated a few minutes ago).

Problem two: Again when openoffice adds its autocomplete roman numeral I
press backspace to remove it and then openoffice seems to become very
unstable. Last time I got it to reproduce this I then pressed j and
backspace a couple of times and openoffice crashed. I also have seen
openoffice crash when I immediately press enter after the autocomplete
of a roman numeral but when I last tried that one it didn't work. I am
unsure exactly what versions of orca cause this crash, I don't think I
caused it with orca 2.30.1 but I have caused it when running a couple of
versions from git (one from a few minutes ago and one from a week or so
ago).

I am using debian unstable which I think has openoffice 3.2.0.

Now here is what I was writing to try and reproduce what I thought I had
initially seen (sometimes causes problem two, always causes problem
one). NOTE: I have included what openoffice fills in as the autocomplete.

(I) Hello world
(II) Part two
(III)

Its when the (III) appears I backspace.

I hope this is clear enough to follow. I thought as the two relate to
one action it might be best to report both together as they may be related.

Michael Whapples