Re: [orca-list] I need help

Hey JosÃ.

Which suggests one of two things are going on:

* Duplicate events

According to debug output, only one object:text-caret-moved was generated.

Ah. My bad. I guess I was still thinking of an earlier example in which
you did seem to be getting multiple caret-moved events.

I'm afraid I need to reinstall Eclipse -- or install it in OpenSolaris,
which might make more sense -- because an early, don't-try-this-at-home
Maverick update on my laptop resulted in my having to reinstall Ubuntu.
Eclipse was a casualty of that. But I digress....

Until I have Eclipse set up again, I'm admittedly having to make some
educated guesses. Looking at your earlier message, you say:

To debug in eclipse I press F11 to start and press F6 to step over.
What is happening is that the two commands print show the same result as
if the two objects were the same.

Why do you think they're not the same? Why can't it be that you're
getting a single(?) caret-moved event from Eclipse to say "hey, now I'm
at the breakpoint at line 1000." and then, as a result of F6, "now I'm
at the breakpoint at line 1200." And so on? In other words, you're in
one file, you've got one caret, and that caret is moving to a new
location in the same file each time you press F6.

Maybe once I reinstall Eclipse and take a look myself, I'll realize that
I'm asking very dumb questions, at which point I will apologize
profusely for being an idiot. <smile> But at this moment, conceptually,
I'm not following your logic about why your findings are problematic.

If I press F5 to step into a function that is present in other file, the
first print shows the line of the new file and the second print shows
the line of the previous file.

Again, thinking about it but not actually looking at it, this suggests
that there are two separate carets, each one belong to its own text
object.

If I'm being dense, feel free to tell me to just go install Eclipse.
<smile> Which I'll try to do this evening after my DayJob. (Does it
matter what version? You have a link so that I can have the exact same
version that you do?)

Take care.
--joanie