Re: [orca-list] No fix to this?

Last summer when I installed Arch for the first time, I did not do
some of those extra steps.  I merely installed gnome and gnome-extra
and I'm pretty sure that implicitly installed Xorg and friends.  I
then used 'startx' from a normal user login at a text console to start
the gnome session; then I did alt+F2 and typed 'orca'.  That brought
up the setup screen where I did my thing to set my parameters and
stuff.  After that, I restarted X with 'startx' again and Orca worked
fine.  This was back with something like 2.26 version of gnome at that
time.  I've been through several upgrades of gnome and Orca but no
losses of performance.  I didn't start messing with gdm until a few
months ago.