Re: [orca-list] Anybody known Opensolaris using acpid?

Hi,

from lookin at one of my machines it apears /proc/acpi/battery isn't even common to all machines, I haven't
looked into this much though.  I hate to say it, but if we are going to implement a battery status function,
we should probably do it by gnome-power-manager, or maybe running the acpi command if that is common, I not
sure it is though.  Personally, I don't se much use for this feature, (I spend most of my day at a terminal
running acpi myself is n times easier).  My biggest thought here is that we should try very hard to avoid a
absolute dependency on gnome-power-manager, because there is no reason to run it on a desktop, and others may
well not want to have it around on their laptops.

Trev