Re: [orca-list] date and time keybindings

Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976 gmail com> wrote:
I have always disliked the f12 key as time and date. It's so far off the
track of normal typing it would be just as easy to read it from the
panel. I vote for orca+t, it just works well. I know that Jaws uses f12
and so does NVDA, but that doesn't make it good lol.

It may be possible to write an optional other-screen-reader-compatibility mode
that just changes the key bindings to resemble a different assistive
technology.

There are precedents for this, for example the Vi emulation mode of Emacs.