Re: [orca-list] Solaris to no longer be free as in beer.
- From: "Alex H." <linuxx64 bashsh gmail com>
- To: Luke Yelavich <themuso ubuntu com>
- Cc: Orca screen reader developers <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] Solaris to no longer be free as in beer.
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:20:25 -0400
As long as they don't get all corporate logic with OpenSolaris, I
won't care. If they do, then shame on you Oracle, shame. What will
probably happen is OpenS is going to be discontinued and the only way
it will continue is if somebody steps up and starts working on it and
keeps developing it, cuz Oracle probably won't.
On 3/30/10, Luke Yelavich <themuso ubuntu com> wrote:
According to Ars Technica, Solaris 10 is no longer free as in beer. Users
who want to use it need to get a service contract. More in the article:
Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit http://live.gnome.org/Orca for more information on Orca.
The manual is at
The FAQ is at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
Netiquette Guidelines are at
Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
Find out how to help at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp
] [Thread Prev