Re: [orca-list] How to enable caret browsing on ROLE_UNKNOWN

In order for us to have access to the accessible text in an object, that
object must implement the accessible text interface. If it does not, we
cannot get the text. You can see if it implements it at all by looking
in Accerciser and/or trying to do a queryText() on the accessible.

Separate from that is enabling caret browsing. That is something that
needs to be implemented by the application; not by Orca. The traditional
command Gtk applications use to toggle caret browsing is F7.

There are some applications (e.g. Evince) with which Orca cannot work
until the application (i.e. Evince) developers implement caret browsing
and the accessible text interface.

--joanie