Re: [orca-list] Orca script for new application

I'm hoping to climb the ladder of Orca developers too but I'll try and
stab at this one.  I think the key here is what you name that folder
containing your script.  Also, you will find that some applications
have a script right up in the apps root folder.  Not sure why the
difference but I recall recently when yelp had to be moved down into
one of these sub folders.  The other thing to look for is in the event
the application is called by different names, you might need to add an
entry in the settings.py script in the top of the Orca hierarchy.  I
had to do that recently to get gnome-calculator to work the same way
as gcalc-tool.

I'll bet that one of the short script samples recently posted to this
list might reveal the exact name of the running application to
associate your script with or perhaps Accerciser would help though a
greater learning curve..  Besides, you may need to use something like
accerciser to identify widget names and events to trigger on.

Hope this rambling helps.