[orca-list] Accessible music player and podcatcher?

Has anyone found an accessible music player and podcatcher, other than Rhythmbox and Banshee?

Based on what I've read, Rhythmbox development is dead. Even so, it seems to behave rather non-deterministically with podcasts. Sometimes it downloads them, others it doesn't, even if I cancel and restart. It seems rather unreliable in checking, too, and will sometimes not find updates until much later. There's also a bug that requires enabling crossfade if you don't want Orca silenced on track switches. If I'm right about Rhythmbox development ending then it may not make sense to file bugs against it, but even so, I'm sure that I can't be the first to encounter these as this isn't the first system on which I've hit them.

Banshee shows promise. Unfortunately, though, it requires a patched GTK# which I can't build against current GNOME libs. Or I think that I could build it, but ultimately couldn't get it working. Despite building both Banshee and GTK# against their respective trunks, a11y features weren't enabled in Banshee because the version that GTK# trunk reported wasn't compatible with what the a11y test expected to find. Changing the pkg-config file after the fact resulted in a Banshee build that hung, so while that shows promise, I'm not sure that it will be usable until GNOME 3 when the backwards-compatible-breaking GTK# with a11y improvements is included. Also, there is an accessible build for Ubuntu, and while this works nicely in most respects and eliminates the need to enable crossfade, it reliably crashes when I attempt to view podcast feeds. Not sure whether this is an a11y issue or due to the fact that the build is somewhat out-of-date.

Anyhow, if I have to use Rhythmbox until 3.0 then so be it, as things work well for me in most other respects, but I'm wondering if there's some gem for music playback and podcatching that I'm missing?