http://live.gnome.org/Orca/HowCanIHelp for some ideas. :-)  We look
forward to seeing you participate!

Will

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 17:58 -0700, hank smith wrote:
how hard is it to learn programming fore orca?
where would I start?
I never programmed before but I want to help some how
orca mussant die

----- Original Message -----
From: "Willie Walker" <walker willie gmail com>
To: "Bill Cox" <waywardgeek gmail com>
Cc: <aerospace1028 hotmail com>; <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] details on orca support

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 10:07 -0500, Bill Cox wrote:
I totally agree that we need to look forward.  I see that several
programmers have offered to help on this list.  I've subscribed to the
orca-devel list, but there hasn't been a post there since October.

Yeah - we were going to do the world's most wonderful refactor of Orca
based upon all that we had learned while creating it.  But...well...you
know, the word "refactor" doesn't float so well with management when
other words such as "no budget" are in the air.  So, the orca-devel-list
is somewhat dormant and we use the orca-list and bugzilla for all of our
discussions.

Might it be time to try and fire-up a community effort around Orca?
Willie, with your guidance, there could be several new Orca developers
helping out in short order, I think.  I'm pretty swamped with work and
Vinux support, but longer-term, I'd like to be one of those Orca
developers.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2010-February/msg00117.html has
some tips on getting started. Please let me know if you need more
information to get going.

Thanks!

Will