Re: [orca-list] Orca doesn't read beyond an XML like tag in the middle of a line when when moving by line

Hi, what synthesizer are you using?
On 06/09/2010 08:48 PM, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
Here is what Joanie's message to me showed a bug. If you do something
which is like an XML tag with a full stop just before it (full stop and
tag separated by a space) then orca will not automatically read beyond
the tag. Let me give an example:
This line will read to here. <smile> but no further.
I have noticed it seems to be the full stop before the tag, so if I
don't put one we should be fine <smile>.

I have tried this with orca 2.30.1 and the version I am using from GIT
and find it in both. I am using speech-dispatcher on this system but
don't notice it on one using gnome-speech. So where is the problem, orca
or speech-dispatcher?

Michael Whapples