[orca-list] One more annoying issue I almost forgot about

again, wubi 10.04 over here.

I have a u s b external 1tb drive over here with about 200gb or so of music. some m4a's, some wma's, some ogg's and mostly mp3's.

before you ask, no you didn't read my mind. I know about g streamer. I already gotcha covered. That's not the problem.

in terminal if I go to /media/Terrabyte, it comes up fine, and I can cd into the dirs just fine. No issues.

however, if I hit enter from the desktop on it, or if I go through my places menu, then naukulis sorry, someone, tell me the correct spelling for that, please? anyone, LOL! it'll just hang and hang, and hang some more, and more, and more, and more, and o, have I yet mentioned: More? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Seriously though, it just won't! come up. I sat there all blessid night! woke up this morning and that thing still! was hung! Stupid ba***rd? I just wonder why it's doing this. I thought it was cause it was plugged into a usb 2.0 hub, but that isn't true, as I unplugged it from the hub and went right into a port on the back of my tower which of course is 2.0. and it did no good.

now here is the other weird thing.

I got another drive which is a 300gb drive which I have now interfaced via I E E E Firewire. it works flawlessly! if I hit enter on it from the desktop or go througth the places menu. So, yeah. now, another thing: in Rhythmbox my 1tb drive takes un ridiculously godly forever to add everything to the library, but before I broke my system once this week, I did actually have it working fairly well. o, another thing, Storm, that app you suggested, cmus? worked great, but orca doesn't like it hardly at all, and I dono yet how to install speakup.

both these drives to the best of my knowings are ntfs. I know, I know, I can't then write to them. That's fine, I don't care. I just wanna read 'em. I can write under windows for now, I'm not at all in objection to that. btw, sorry for all the typos. these keys are teeny teeny. I'm using a netbook right now to type this mail. LOL!

Chris.