Re: [orca-list] Getting Colors from Web Content

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 09:20:28PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Steve.

Is there any way to get the color of text showing in Firefox?  When I
press Orca+f, I get the font name and size and whether it is bold,
italic, etc.  But it doesn't say the color.

Did you enable the color-related text attributes in the Orca Preferences
dialog?

No, but now that I was educated, I went and turned it on and that's
cool enough.  However, I had trouble doing it globally with
Orca+space; I got into the page OK and checked both forground and
background but after applying changes and exiting the config dialog, I
got no change in behavior of the Orca+f key.  Upon going back into the
Orca config, the items were unchecked again.  When I applied these
checked items to Firefox specifically with Ctrl+Orca+spacebar, then
the checked items, forground and background stuck as desired and now
Orca+f speaks the color values.  Bottom line, I could only get the
settings to stick at the application level.  Not sure why that is.

Also, I would like to get a complete list of the actual color names
for the various values and maybe make an enhancement to speak the
actual names instead of the numeric values.  Or at least have both
options available depending on user options.

I would be interested in knowing how many people would value such an
enhancement.