Re: [orca-list] strange behavior in thunderbird

I can't exactly reproduce your observation with Thunderbird 3.1 (Lanikai). I sent the 5 messages as you described and I deleted Test 2 while it was still unread. After that, all remaining messages retained their proper subjects. I then went and read all remaining four messages in case that might make any difference. After that, I began deleting the reaminders one by one with no issues with any subject lines.

Now what I have observed with Thunderbird for quite a long time is, particularly if I have the folder set up for threading and there is a collapsed thread near the bottom of the list, sometimes the wrong subject will be associated with the selected message. But then it isn't just the subject; it's the whole detail line on that message in the folder. This situation is hard to reproduce at will but still merits mentioning.

Another noticable and reproducable problem for me with this latest version of thunderbird however, is whenever I open a message, it does not gain proper focus. When the message is opened, I cannot use the arrow keys to move around in the message contents. If I press IP+Enter key, it says the subject of the message followed by "Frame." If I alt tab to another window and come back, then I gain proper focus, KP+Enter now reads the current line and the arrow keys navigate properly. I did not notice this problem until I upgraded to version 3.1 (Lanikai).

Anyone else observe this last issue?

Keep in mind that you need a recent git pull of Orca which includes the fix for Lanikai versions of Thunderbird.