Re: [orca-list] Orca for Android?

Would it make sense for Google to adapt Orca for Android to make all
these things accessible?  Is that hard?

They're writing their own (free and open-source) screen reader for it,
Talkback. It's implemented in Java and uses the accessibility API for Android.

I've looked at the source code but I don't have hardware yet with which to
test it. At some point in the future I'll probably get hardware, but it isn't
an immediate priority for me just at the moment.

svn checkout http://eyes-free.googlecode.com/svn/trunk eyes-free
for anyone who is interested.

You will also find a number of custom speaking applications in that
repository.